We can help coordinate your travel arrangements so your in transit experience is as smooth as possible.
Note: If you choose to fly, we can coordinate the best transportation for you depending on your arrival, baggage requirements, and overall travel plans within Costa Rica. Sansa Airlines is our recommended airline from San Jose to Puerto Jimenez.
FAQ and packing suggestions:
- We are off the grid / having a flashlight is important
- Bring (1) flashlight or headlamp per person and extra batteries
- It gets dark between 5:30pm and 6:00pm everyday
- It can be a hassle and expensive to fly your board
- Encanta La Vida rents boards for $15/day to in-house guests
- Our quiver features long boards, shorter boards and soft-tops for beginners
CAMERAS / BINOCULARS
- Pack 'em! and, remember to bring the cables/batteries that charge them!
- The Reception area at the lodge has a power strip dedicated to charging electronic devices
- There is a SAFE in each room to secure your belongings.
THINK CASUAL, QUICK-DRY ATTIRE
- Pack quick dry shorts/shirts/skorts, swimsuits/board shorts, lightweight pants/sundresses
- Performance fabrics are perfect -- think active wear!
- Sunhats, flip flops, water shoes/keens/chocos/tevas, crocs, sneakers
- Generally not an issue
- Lemon grass and herbal repellents work for most (if needed at all)
WHAT IS THE WEATHER LIKE
- Generally our weather is 75-90 degrees year-round
- Expect it to be hot, humid with a chance of rain
- The dry season Dec-Apr heats up with less cloud coverage
- The green season May-Nov is cooler with more clouds and rain
DON'T OVER PACK
- BRING your smile, sense of adventure and your open mind!
- The electrical system at the lodge cannot support heating elements
- NO hairdryers, NO curling irons, NO heating elements of any sort
- The small domestic airlines will penalize you for overweight
- Read the small print on your ticket for baggage policy details.